This repo contains the source code and documentation powering it.reactjs.org.
⚠ Beta Website ⚠
We are currently transitioning our translation efforts to the new website that is currently in Beta.
We are early stages and still setting up everything, all the previous translation efforts are stopped.
Nothing is lost, all the translated content will be archived.
Before we start, some useful links:
- Node: any 12.x version starting with v12.0.0 or greater
- Yarn: See Yarn website for installation instructions
- A fork of the repo (for any contributions)
- A clone of the reactjs.org repo on your local machine
cd reactjs.orgto go into the project root
yarnto install the website's npm dependencies
yarn devto start the hot-reloading development server (powered by Gatsby)
open http://localhost:8000to open the site in your favorite browser
The documentation is divided into several sections with a different tone and purpose. If you plan to write more than a few sentences, you might find it helpful to get familiar with the contributing guidelines for the appropriate sections.
Create a branch
git checkout mainfrom any folder in your local
git pull origin mainto ensure you have the latest main code
git checkout -b the-name-of-my-branch(replacing
the-name-of-my-branchwith a suitable name) to create a branch
Make the change
- Follow the "Running locally" instructions
- Save the files and check in the browser
- Changes to React components in
- Changes to markdown files in
- If working with plugins, you may need to remove the
.cachedirectory and restart the server
Test the change
- If possible, test any visual changes in all latest versions of common browsers, on both desktop and mobile.
yarn check-allfrom the project root. (This will run Prettier, ESLint, and Flow.)
git add -A && git commit -m "My message"(replacing
My messagewith a commit message, such as
Fix header logo on Android) to stage and commit your changes
git push my-fork-name the-name-of-my-branch
- Go to the reactjs.org repo and you should see recently pushed branches.
- Follow GitHub's instructions.
- If possible, include screenshots of visual changes. A preview build is triggered after your changes are pushed to GitHub.
If you are interested in translating
reactjs.org, please see the current translation efforts at translations.reactjs.org.
If your language does not have a translation and you would like to create one, please follow the instructions at reactjs.org Translations.
yarn resetto clear the local cache